Chocolate cake made with Guinness
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 20 min
- 1 cup 1
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups superfine/powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 counts eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Heat beer and butter until butter is melted in large, wide saucepan.
Remove from heat source and whisk in cocoa and sugar.
In separate bowl, beat sour cream, eggs and vanilla together.
Pour mixture into beer mixture and whisk together adding flour and baking soda.
Pour cake into a greased and floured 9″ springform pan.
Bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cream Cheese Icing
Whisk cream cheese, confectioners sugar and cream together.